There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Jobly Update


Pug Up Close
Originally uploaded by sunasak
Hee hee, hope the ugly dog photo doesn't scare you away. Scrunchy tends to lie around with his tongue hanging out a lot, and Beccano likes to capture the moments.

Just a quick job update note. I did get invited to teach MS Office to state workers, the job that is 3-4 days a week with no guarantees. It will be money coming in, and should start next week, so I am going to do it, at least for a while.

I still haven't heard from the "good job" place, but did get a call from the recruiter about the contract jobs. I am the #1 candidate, but they have to interview someone else just in case. And that makes sense, knowing how I tend to flake out on contracts when a real job shows up. At this point, though, if I got the contract to work with the nice folks, I might go ahead and take it.

That's all from here. Lee's last day at his job is tomorrow, and they gave him a very nice farewell lunch yesterday, even giving him a certificate of appreciation. He also got himself a nice present, a lovely bass guitar, hand made by an expert craftsman in Mexico. It is serial number 6, which makes me think when this dude is famous, the guitar will be worth a lot! The thing is gorgeous. And wow does it play. I will enjoy looking at it and listening to it for years. Good thing we can still get stuff, now that money is going to come in.

More later, I hope.

2 comments:

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

glad you have something with money coming but I hope the good job calls!

Sam said...

YAY!! SO glad to hear to happy job news. I love the idea that you are now in a place to choose if something else comes up that you want but that you will at least be able to breathe a little bit!
Hugs