There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Friday, April 1, 2005

And What about Knitting?

I promise I won't write three times every day, but I am practicing getting started here!

Knitting is what I do when I am not doing anything else, and has been my hobby since I was about 8 I guess. I am not the world's greatest knitter, but I've tried most things, and I sure enjoy it a lot. To practice putting in a photo link, here's the ribbed cotton top I knitted for my "easter" outfit last week. Usually I am knitting socks for fun or scarves for money, however.

I wonder why all my hobbies have so much fine motor skill involved. I type all day then I go knit socks on teeny weeny needles. Go figure.

What am I currently working on? I am in between major projects, though a knitting bag to felt will be upcoming soon and I am taking a class on a mitred square bag at my fine new local yarn shop (oh whee, happy happy day--finally a shop on ly 10 minutes away, not 40!).
  • a light blue scarf that is one big ole ruffle, featuring short rows, from a pattern Courtney the Prolific Knitter at Church gave me. It is in cotton twist. I don't like it much now, but figure I bought the yarn so I better finish it.
  • a hilarious lime/avocado green narrow scarf in an eyelash and a yarn that looks like worms or squiggles. Someone said it looked like I was knitting seaweed, or making Oscar the Grouch. It will go nicely with my green shirt that I got chapstick stains on the first time I washed it (grrrrrrr).
  • ribbed socks on teeny needles (000) in a color called "pansy" by the nice folks at Knitpicks (www.knitpicks.com). They are gonna be so nice. I figure I will finish them in Illinois next week. I always get to knit more when I go out of town to work.
  • oh yeah, a scarf just for fun in a yarn that mixes blue eyelash with something that looks like little blobs of color. I can't remember the name, but I figure I can wear it a couple of times then sell it to someone. It is cute but I don't own much in royal blue so I am not sure why I got the yarn. I need another skein. Yay, excuse to go to the yarn shop tomorrow.

No comments: