There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Small Update from a Grump

Ya know how, once a month, women get all moody and clumsy and just don't feel "there"? It's that day for me. So, I have left my purse/badge/phone at home, gotten discouraged at work I have done, felt depressed after a meeting that is supposed to cheer the staff up...blah. I guess I should be glad I have not managed to offend the boss today (I did that a couple of days ago, by being too informal). I am back to where I was this time last year and really worrying about jobs. I guess it's time to worry. On the good side:

  • My mammogram came out clear--first time in ages that happened on the first try
  • I did a big off-site presentation in front of a lot of "important people" and did a good job, and didn't act too attached to my boyfriend at it, either.
  • I got hugged by an L3 Tech Guru (big deal at Austin's Largest Employer)
  • The dogs are settling in
  • No word from STBX means I can relax around Lee again--she makes me so paranoid
  • Jeff's (formerly known as RM) been really nice and even brought me that missing purse today, and had to sit around waiting for me to come get it--I will take him out to dinner for that
  • Lee and I managed to order the expensive dog door, which will make life easier
  • That nasty gig at the crack of dawn Sunday is almost here, which means the constant rehearsing will end soon--and my voice seems in good shape even with some sinus congestion
  • We got new monitors at home (yay); unfortunately my graphics card doesn't like the darned thing (boo). Will fix that.
  • I got a new system at work (yay) but no monitor (boo). It took a while to get things set up again, but things are rolling now.
  • A new person started at work and she seems nice.

3 comments:

Sam said...

I'm vibing that your day gets better and that tomorrow is a wonderful, amazing kind of day.

Unknown said...

Yay, a dog door!

That means we won't have to get up 5,000 times during tarot to let the dogs/cat in/out.

YAY!

Suna Kendall said...

too bad it won't be here in time for the next tarot event. plus, we have to INSTALL it, yow.