There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Friday, March 21, 2008

Chatty Stuff and Friday's Feast


Cool Bug
Originally uploaded by sunasak
Things are a bit better with Beccano--he got a good grade on an exam (in a Pre-AP course!) and did math tutoring well yesterday. I hope he will just keep it up. In his honor, here's a photo I took of a really cute bug on his pineapple plant. Up close the picture is interesting--you can see webs on the leaves.

I am having trouble keeping up with things. Stuff's happening to online friends that I can't even manage to comment on, and I want to be supportive! But I need to focus on the family (that would be a good name for an organization, huh?). In family news we went back to a barbecue restaurant we used to go to when we first moved here, which was under new management. The pulled pork barbecue was incredibly good (really tender and flavorful yet not fatty), as were the very crisp sweet potato fries and an odd but delicious side dish of mashed potatoes, cheese and tortillas. Glad we went back. Even Lee's odd-sounding barbecue ranch chicken sandwich was good. So, that was a fun event for me, Lee and Beccano!

Tuba Boy had the night off and went to visit each of his friends, it appears. He is spending more time with a variety of friends, which pleases me.

OK, here's the feast.

Appetizer: Given the choice, would you prefer to live in the country or in the city?

Normally I'd say the country, but with gas prices now, I am wondering what to do.

Soup: Who is the cutest kid you know?

Beccano.

Salad: Fill in the blank: I couldn’t believe it when I heard ___________.

...the results of the most recent Board of Directors elections at the Dysfunctional Nonprofit Organization I used to work for.

Main Course: If you could star in a commercial for one of your favorite products, which one would you want to advertise?

Olay Regenerist serum, because it really has helped my face be less read and flaky, for years now.

Dessert: What type(s) of vitamins and/or supplements do you take on a regular basis?

None. I try to eat healthy foods and extract vitamins from them.

2 comments:

Lee said...

Sounds like you would still prefer to live in the country, but are afraid it may not be practical. In my ideal, we could live in the country and only have to venture into town when we wanted.

Des said...

You are making me so hungry for pulled pork sandwiches. I have a pretty good crock pot recipe for North Carolina Rainy Day Barbecue - I think I'll have to make it again and post the recipe.
The Olay Regenerist night cream is my personal favorite.