There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday's Feast

If you are looking for stuff on my dad's visit or my new job, you might want to visit Lee's blog, since he is more caught up than I am. He got to work from home this week. He has pictures and everything.

Appetizer
On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 as highest), how much do you like your own handwriting?

8. It used to be a 9, but I have gotten less neat with my aging process. I love to look at old notes I took or papers I wrote by hand in high school or college. I certainly write better than my kids, who inherited a very illegible style from their dad's family.

Soup
Do you prefer baths or showers?

Showers. I want one of those showers with multiple shower heads. MMM.

Salad
What was the last bad movie you watched?

I remember watching something with Beccano that was absolutely awful, but now I can't even remember what it was. Flushed the memory, I guess. I'll see if he remembers and add it later.


Main Course
Name something you are addicted to and describe how it affects your life.

Knitting. It makes me happy, relaxed and entertained. It is also an excellent substitute for my teenaged nail biting habit. I need to keep my hands busy, due to my preferred learning style or something, so until I started knitting constantly I bit my nails. Now I am pretty much knitting or typing all day, so it's good. Knitting satisfies my need to see beauty and feel it, too. I love to touch and look at yarn. Thanks to knitting I am never bored, and it has also led me to meet some really great people, my yarn shop friends and students!

Dessert
Which instrument is your favorite to listen to?

Uilleann pipes (Irish pipes). The sound of these is hauntingly beautiful, not at all like the bagpipes of Scotland. You can hear them in some of Enya's music, especially on the Watermark CD. I wish I could remember the name of the beautiful song that is mostly on Uilleann pipes. Oh, here's a site with some samples to listen to.

No comments: