There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Monday, January 12, 2009

Long Sickly Weekend


Scrunchy Says Hi
Originally uploaded by sunasak
While I got a lot of knitting done on the weekend, I didn't feel too hot. And I keep trying to think hard about staying calm and how to do so. For me, that means having a plan. Lee and I have talked enough about contingency planning for if the whole employment thing falls apart so that I am no longer as panicky about it as I was a couple of years ago. Between the two of us, we do have more resources. So glad I got married, huh!

I am not sure what my issue is. It may be allergies, or a virus, but I was dizzy and felt "odd" for most of the weekend, even though we were able to eat some delicious meals, and had a lot of fun at a steack place with both kids Saturday night. I really, really love having meals with them. They are so funny together and their tales of school are quite entertaining. This is the main reason for having family meals at home--the great conversation.

Anyway, feeling like crap made for a long weekend. I could barely get off the couch, so I didn't get much of the stuff I'd planned to accomplish done.

I am realizing I have a finite amount of time with Tuba Boy now. I want to enjoy it as much as I can. I am sort of sad he didn't manage to buy anyone in his family a Christmas present, but I'll talk to him about that. I know your peers are important when you are a teen, but you should NEVER neglect to give your parents a gift. Even a poem or drawing would be appreciated. Just griping, so you won't think I think my kids are perfect, ya know!

Today's photo of Scrunchy shows the view we often see, which is his head appearing under our legs. Rose sticks her head up like a moray eel popping out of its cave--that photo will show up later, I am sure. (I will be putting images of things other than pets, soon--it's a slow photo month.)

1 comment:

Sam said...

Feel better soon. I am also glad to read you are feeling as though you and Lee can come up with some contingency plans, should they be required.

HUGS always