There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Friday, January 30, 2009

Food for Thought #2

Lee is calling this "Food for Thought" Now, so I will too. Not much else is happening, so this should be fun.
Appetizer: Look to your left. What color do notice see first?

Black. My laptop case is next to me. Most everything here is black, gray or white, unless it is that shade of blue in the corporate logo. I am at work, eating lunch.

Soup: What type of beans do you enjoy most?

The attractive and delicious black-eyed pea, about which I rhapsodized at New Year's. I love that smokey flavor.

Salad: What was the most interesting thing that happened during the last week?

Since Lee was sick and nothing much else was going on, probably the new Bruce Springsteen album was it for me.

Entré: What was the most difficult decision your had to make in the last year? How did you decide?

In the past week or so I have had to come to the decision to have poor old Gwynnie euthanized. She is almost unable to walk and is losing control of her bladder. She has so much trouble getting around. She just can't be enjoying life any more. Now I just have to get it done. I do not like this, but it is probably the kindest thing to do.

Dessert: Among your friends and family, who has the next birthday?

My friend Deana has a birthday in mid-February and so does Jody. There are probably others. I am not good with birthdays. My dad is February 25.

3 comments:

Lee said...

Well, except for the difficult decision, it’s not depressing. I was worried by your comment on the original sounded.

Unknown said...

Aww, I'm sorry to hear about Gwynnie. I had to have a cat (that I had had since I was 2) euthanized when I was 18 - it's a had decision, but in the end you have to go with the kindest thing for the animal.

Also, my birthday is Tuesday.

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

I agree with Lee, I was worried when I saw your comment.

I'm sorry about poor Gwynnie, that's one of the hardest things to decide. ((HUGS))