There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Now, Isn't This Something?

As you may know, my poor RM hasn't been able to catch a break in years. Keeps losing band jobs, can't get a day job, just not lucky. Until today! He entered a contest at the local radio station for folks like us (rock, Americana, Texas stuff) and they let him know he WON a Macintosh portable computer! To win, you had to be a local musician with a proven need for a computer, so he wrote them about his podcasts and recording, and how old his current system is. I am just tickled pink that he won--he truly deserves it! So if you are local, I think he'll be on the Daily Demo at 3 pm on Thursday.

I wrote to congratulate him and mentioned something that Work Boy #1 had said about it--that he is setting sail and casting off his extra ballast. I said, "I guess I am ballast, wah" or something like that, and he wrote back that I most certainly am not, that I had kept him afloat for a long time and helped him learn to sail. That is nice. He also said kind things about our relationship not ending, just moving to a new phase. That also was really nice to read, so I felt all warm and fuzzy that I have not lost him as a friend. And that is good, since he is a much more enjoyable person to know these days. Perhaps because there's no pressure any more.

Things are otherwise just wonderful. I am having a great time at work, doing a fun project that keeps me really busy and engaged (not just formatting other people's less than stellar writing--I get to make my own doggerel!). But I am working with a nice techie guy, and enjoying the last week with my current set of work friends. Next week we move our cubicles, and Work Boy #2 gets to go off and get his real employee sized cubicle while I get to decorate another teeny tiny one. At least it is really close to the bathrooms. I got a nice depressing little chat out of EM about how I should not count too much on getting my own "real" position, but I think I have reason to be optimistic, just not overly so. Realistic instead. I don't suck at what I do. I am at least ALMOST good enough for a real position! So, I will keep trying to do well and be uncharacteristically positive, while I have the emotional glow of happiness rubbing off on me.

Nonetheless, I won't be spending much for Yule. I want to save just in case.

Well, I can't get two seconds of privacy to post tonight, so I will stop. Darn families.

Comments

Sam said...
Continued excitement for your RM's luck! What a gift!Take care
Wednesday, December 13, 2006 4:18:00 PM

Tina said...
Wow, that's awesome! Congrats to RM!I wish I could win a portable Mac.I'm also glad to hear you are doing well. I've been feeling very anti-social lately. Oh, Kat is moving out soon. Possibly this weekend.
Wednesday, December 13, 2006 4:41:00 PM

Barbara said...
How very kewl this is! And I love what WB#1 said - it is very wise!
Wednesday, December 13, 2006 6:55:00 PM

No comments: