There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday MEMEMEMEME

I saw this on Barb Cooper's always-funny blog, and since I was looking for a Friday light-hearted post topic (also since I scared you all away with "who would you slug?"), I thought I'd do this one while I think about how to organize a course at work.

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Yes, Bettye Sue and Doris Ann, my dad's sisters.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Wow, this is a milestone. I don't remember. I think it had something to do with Beccano being sad about something. But, hey, my life is good! I am not weepy!

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
When I slow down, I do. It has gotten rather funky at fast pace since I have had the kids.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Liver cheese, however you spell that in German.

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Two so far.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I do think so. I'd like a me-ish friend. That is why I have Lee.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
(Rolls eyes.) (Barb said that but I am keeping it)

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS
Yes but I wouldn't recognize them if I saw them.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Only if pushed.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Special K with strawberry things. I don't eat it much, though. I eat too much.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
I rarely wear shoes that tie, but no, I don't.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Yeah, people keep saying that. Physically, though, well, my shoulder hurts.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Vanilla with chocolate and caramel in it.

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE
Their voice.

15. RED OR PINK?
Red.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I really hate it that I cry when I get angry. Sometimes I think of the best things to say and then I can't get them out because I'm all wracked with sobs and stuff. (OK, this is weird, but this is what Barb wrote, and it actually IS way up there among my least favorite features of myself, one I have worked hard to change, but what happened when I got pissed off at that clueless lady for firing me? I cried.)

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
Mom, then there are a lot of close seconds (Jody, friends from the DNO, Roberta Johnson, my "coven" in Illinois...)

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
Gosh, no. I like reading this stuff in blogs.

19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Wine colored Mary Jane Dansko clogs with cute flower cut-outs.

20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Masala roasted chickpeas (sorta like wasabi peas)

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The sound of people typing in neighboring cubicles.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
violet

23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Roses, violets, Thanksgiving dinner cooking, Zest soap

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Sigh, a telemarketer

25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
I stole it, but Barb seems very genuine and nice.

26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Football, baseball

27. Hair Color?
Dark brown, currently medium brown

28. EYE COLOR?
Reddish brown

29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
No, they don't make my vision good enough to suit me

30. FAVORITE FOOD?
butternut squash, yellow squash, beets, cauliflower, mangos

31. MYSTERY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy endings. I don't need help to get sad or scared.

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Under the Tuscan Sun (happy ending)

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
peach with floral (Tommy Bahama Hawaiian shirt to go with my new Hawaiian Lei socks)

34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
winter

35. HUGS OR KISSES?
hugs

36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Bread pudding

37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Lee; otherwise no one.

38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND.
The Silent Blog Readers.

39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
The Knitting Way, a book on highly sensitive people at work, William Shatner's biography

40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
It's the desk.

41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
Pre-season football. Didn't want to watch those guys drop batons.

42. FAVORITE SOUND?
Music by Enya. Silence other than birds and nature sounds.

43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
I love the Beatles

44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Switzerland

45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I knit well. I also know a good person or a non-good one as soon as I meet them.

46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Sarasota, Florida

47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?
It would be fun to read any others.

No comments: