There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Friday, August 1, 2008

7 Deadly Sins?


Everything's just fine. I enjoyed two days of training, fulfilling my obligation to the nice place I was before going to ALE. I really liked that job a lot--I met some real interesting people there, but I don't know if I could have made it on just 2-4 work days a week. It's pretty tiring to talk for a whole day, especially if you are introverted, but I still liked it. And yesterday, as I was leaving, I saw a fellow bobbing around and aiming his phone in front of himself. It looked odd, so I looked his way as I walked past. He then asked me, "Hey, is this normal?" I looked in front of a wall (which had blocked my view coming out of the building) to see a young armadillo strolling around the building grounds. I guess the guy hadn't lived here long, so he didn't know if you see a lot of them. I told him you didn't usually see them during the day like that, so it is unusual. I tried to get a couple of pictures, but will have to see how they look once I get them off the phone...now it's uploaded and you can see it, too! Anyway, that and Chinese food for dinner were the highlights of my last couple of days! Guess I better fill some space somehow, so...


I saw this meme on someone's blog and decided to fill it in. I realize I am pretty boring in the deadly sin department, after reading over my answers. Since things aren't all that fascinating at home, and Friday's Feast is still MIA, I guess I'll be having to resort to memes for a bit.


WRATH

1. Who did you last get angry with?

- Executive Director and Board chair of a nonprofit organization. Nothing I can do to remedy the situation.

2. What is your weapon of choice?

- Sarcasm. I have worked for many years to use it less and less.

3. Would you hit a member of the opposite sex?

- I do not plan to.

4. How about of the same sex?

-I do not plan to.

5. Who was the last person who got really angry at you?

- Tuba Boy over some teen thing, but it was so long ago I forget what it was.

6. What is your pet peeve?

-Just one?? Friends who dump you and talk about you behind your back.

7. Do you keep grudges, or can you let them go easily?

-I find it hard to erase hurt feelings. But I do forgive.

SLOTH

1. What is one thing you’re supposed to do daily that you don’t?

- Clean the house

2. What is the latest you’ve ever woken up?

- Noon as a teen.

4. What is the last lame excuse you made?

- I left an event saying I needed to check on Beccano, when really I just wanted to leave a crowd.

5. Have you ever watched an infomercial all the way through?

- No.

6. When was the last time you got in a good workout?

- Last Monday when I walked all over the campus at work to get my name tag and such.

7. How many times did you hit the snooze button on your alarm clock today?

- None. I get up when I am awakened.

GLUTTONY

1. What is your overpriced yuppie beverage of choice?

- Nonfat sugar-free caramel misto.

2. Meat eaters: white meat or dark meat??

-White

3. What is the greatest amount of alcohol you’ve had in one sitting/outing/event?

- At a choir Christmas party during the really, really bad year. I am not sure if it was 2002 or 2003. I should not have driven home after all that high-quality tequila.

4. Have you ever used a professional diet company?

- Nope. Eat less, and exercise more.

5. Do you have an issue with your weight?

- Not in the past few years. I just diet again for a while when it starts to creep up.

6. Do you prefer sweets, salty foods, or spicy?

- Spicy then salty.

7. Have you ever looked at a small house pet or child and thought “lunch”?

- I guess not--that idea has never occurred to me.

LUST

1. How many people have you seen naked (not counting movies/family)?

- No clue, around 50 I guess. I don't do public showers and have not been to a nude beach, so all I have are people I have had sex with and people who changed clothing in front of me.

2. How many people have seen YOU naked (not counting physicians/family)?

- See above.

3. Have you ever caught yourself staring at the chest/crotch of a member of the opposite gender during a normal conversation?

Yup. Both. Sometimes women's jiggling can distract anyone.

4. Have you ever kissed two people in one night?

- Yep.

5. What is your favorite body part on a person of your gender of choice?

- A beautifully tapered back.

6. Have you ever been propositioned by a prostitute?

-Not that I am aware of. I am not sure if I have ever met one.

GREED

1. How many credit cards do you own?

- 3

2. What’s your guilty pleasure store?

- Yarn shop.

3. Would you rather be rich, or famous?

- Rich - because then I could just sit and knit or read all day.

4. Would you accept a boring job if it meant you would make megabucks?

-Maybe, if I could knit or write when no one is looking.

5. Have you ever stolen anything?

- Nothing other than accidentally forgetting to pay for something small at the grocery store and finding it sitting in the cart when I got to the car.

6. How many MP3s are on your hard drive?

- Hundreds, not sure how many because I am not in the room with it.

PRIDE

1. What’s one thing you have done that you’re most proud of?

- A website I am no longer doing.

2. What one thing have you done that your parents are most proud of?

- I would hope the kids, but bet it's the advanced degree.

3. What things would you like to accomplish in your life?

-I'd like to get a knitting book published, I'd like to get work helping others again, and I'd like to be a good life partner

4. Do you get annoyed by coming in second place?

- Especially when it comes to jobs.

5. Have you ever entered a contest of skill, knowing you were of much higher skill than all the other competitors?

- Yes (knitting).

6. Have you ever cheated on something to get a higher score?

- No need to.

7. What did you do today that you’re proud of?

- Sent supportive email to a few friends.

ENVY

1. What item (or person) of your friends would you most want to have for your own?

- I'd like some of Diane at the yarn shop's fancy, expensive yarn.

2. Who would you want to go on “Trading Spaces” with?

-Stephanie Kendall, a lady at church who is REALLY good with decor, and no relation to me at all.

3. If you could be anyone else in the world, who would you be?

- I'll stay me.

4. Have you ever been cheated on?

- If so, they have been very discreet.

5. Have you ever wished you had a physical feature different from your own?

- I wish I had a more athletic build.

6. What inborn trait do you see in others that you wish you had for yourself?

- Thick skin--the ability to shrug off insults and unkindnesses.

1 comment:

Des said...

I'm really quite angry with them too!!! My weapon of choice is a ham.

Cute armadillo. I've never seen one.