Everything's just fine. I enjoyed two days of training, fulfilling my obligation to the nice place I was before going to ALE. I really liked that job a lot--I met some real interesting people there, but I don't know if I could have made it on just 2-4 work days a week. It's pretty tiring to talk for a whole day, especially if you are introverted, but I still liked it. And yesterday, as I was leaving, I saw a fellow bobbing around and aiming his phone in front of himself. It looked odd, so I looked his way as I walked past. He then asked me, "Hey, is this normal?" I looked in front of a wall (which had blocked my view coming out of the building) to see a young armadillo strolling around the building grounds. I guess the guy hadn't lived here long, so he didn't know if you see a lot of them. I told him you didn't usually see them during the day like that, so it is unusual. I tried to get a couple of pictures, but will have to see how they look once I get them off the phone...now it's uploaded and you can see it, too! Anyway, that and Chinese food for dinner were the highlights of my last couple of days! Guess I better fill some space somehow, so...
I saw this meme on someone's blog and decided to fill it in. I realize I am pretty boring in the deadly sin department, after reading over my answers. Since things aren't all that fascinating at home, and Friday's Feast is still MIA, I guess I'll be having to resort to memes for a bit.
1. Who did you last get angry with?
- Executive Director and Board chair of a nonprofit organization. Nothing I can do to remedy the situation.
2. What is your weapon of choice?
- Sarcasm. I have worked for many years to use it less and less.
3. Would you hit a member of the opposite sex?
- I do not plan to.
4. How about of the same sex?
-I do not plan to.
5. Who was the last person who got really angry at you?
- Tuba Boy over some teen thing, but it was so long ago I forget what it was.
6. What is your pet peeve?
-Just one?? Friends who dump you and talk about you behind your back.
7. Do you keep grudges, or can you let them go easily?
-I find it hard to erase hurt feelings. But I do forgive.
1. What is one thing you’re supposed to do daily that you don’t?
- Clean the house
2. What is the latest you’ve ever woken up?
- Noon as a teen.
4. What is the last lame excuse you made?
- I left an event saying I needed to check on Beccano, when really I just wanted to leave a crowd.
5. Have you ever watched an infomercial all the way through?
6. When was the last time you got in a good workout?
- Last Monday when I walked all over the campus at work to get my name tag and such.
7. How many times did you hit the snooze button on your alarm clock today?
- None. I get up when I am awakened.
1. What is your overpriced yuppie beverage of choice?
- Nonfat sugar-free caramel misto.
2. Meat eaters: white meat or dark meat??
3. What is the greatest amount of alcohol you’ve had in one sitting/outing/event?
- At a choir Christmas party during the really, really bad year. I am not sure if it was 2002 or 2003. I should not have driven home after all that high-quality tequila.
4. Have you ever used a professional diet company?
- Nope. Eat less, and exercise more.
5. Do you have an issue with your weight?
- Not in the past few years. I just diet again for a while when it starts to creep up.
6. Do you prefer sweets, salty foods, or spicy?
- Spicy then salty.
7. Have you ever looked at a small house pet or child and thought “lunch”?
- I guess not--that idea has never occurred to me.
1. How many people have you seen naked (not counting movies/family)?
- No clue, around 50 I guess. I don't do public showers and have not been to a nude beach, so all I have are people I have had sex with and people who changed clothing in front of me.
2. How many people have seen YOU naked (not counting physicians/family)?
- See above.
3. Have you ever caught yourself staring at the chest/crotch of a member of the opposite gender during a normal conversation?
Yup. Both. Sometimes women's jiggling can distract anyone.
4. Have you ever kissed two people in one night?
5. What is your favorite body part on a person of your gender of choice?
- A beautifully tapered back.
6. Have you ever been propositioned by a prostitute?
-Not that I am aware of. I am not sure if I have ever met one.
1. How many credit cards do you own?
2. What’s your guilty pleasure store?
- Yarn shop.
3. Would you rather be rich, or famous?
- Rich - because then I could just sit and knit or read all day.
4. Would you accept a boring job if it meant you would make megabucks?
-Maybe, if I could knit or write when no one is looking.
5. Have you ever stolen anything?
- Nothing other than accidentally forgetting to pay for something small at the grocery store and finding it sitting in the cart when I got to the car.
6. How many MP3s are on your hard drive?
- Hundreds, not sure how many because I am not in the room with it.
1. What’s one thing you have done that you’re most proud of?
- A website I am no longer doing.
2. What one thing have you done that your parents are most proud of?
- I would hope the kids, but bet it's the advanced degree.
3. What things would you like to accomplish in your life?
-I'd like to get a knitting book published, I'd like to get work helping others again, and I'd like to be a good life partner
4. Do you get annoyed by coming in second place?
- Especially when it comes to jobs.
5. Have you ever entered a contest of skill, knowing you were of much higher skill than all the other competitors?
- Yes (knitting).
6. Have you ever cheated on something to get a higher score?
- No need to.
7. What did you do today that you’re proud of?
- Sent supportive email to a few friends.
1. What item (or person) of your friends would you most want to have for your own?
- I'd like some of Diane at the yarn shop's fancy, expensive yarn.
2. Who would you want to go on “Trading Spaces” with?
-Stephanie Kendall, a lady at church who is REALLY good with decor, and no relation to me at all.
3. If you could be anyone else in the world, who would you be?
- I'll stay me.
4. Have you ever been cheated on?
- If so, they have been very discreet.
5. Have you ever wished you had a physical feature different from your own?
- I wish I had a more athletic build.
6. What inborn trait do you see in others that you wish you had for yourself?
- Thick skin--the ability to shrug off insults and unkindnesses.