There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Thursday, August 10, 2006

HAPPY 100th POST: Icarus, Plammy, the World

My 100th post to this blog! Congrats to me for sticking with it and getting back to posting regularly after the scares I had with people using my blog against me (I think I am back to a place in life where no one thinks I have power or influence enough to feel a need to be "against" me, finally, and that is a relief).

So, lookee here, it is Icarus, all finished and lined up against the Noro wall at the yarn store. Thanks to Pat for the lovely arrangement. Don't forget to click and you can see it bigger.


Naturally I have close-ups. I am so impressed at how nice the patterning came out, compared to how lumpy and bumpy it was before blocking. Janet did a great job helping me block it, which I will always remember fondly.

I am not at my perkiest this morning, after hearing news about more plots to do awful things involving airplanes. I had a pretty horrible experience on 9/11 and have felt that things have gone "downhill" in my life since then. Working to change that, of course, but I can remember sitting in that hotel room, all alone, watching coverage on TV and knowing that my husband wasn't even particularly concerned about what I was going through, that there was no other "romantic" person in my life I could turn to, and that I had to get on a plane and go home as soon as possible. I hated being away from my kids, and was so upset at all the death and confusion. Of course, the ordeal of trying to get home DID teach me there were still wonderful people left in the world, and that was good. And I had Nancy Jo, who had to deal with all her own issues in order to fetch me from that horror at O'Hare and sat with me and watched the television numbly for longer than she had to--had her own kids to get home to. Well, so that is all I am thinking about right now



.icarusAnd about my beloved friend, Plammy, my Palm Pilot. Last night my endless game of Bejeweled built up so much that it froze the unit. And I can't play the game any more until I remove some software. Which, of course, there are no instructions for ON the unit. The youngest child was very upset that Plammy died when he was using it (with my permission) so he's going to look up how to fix it for me. My little multimedia king. I am surprised at how upset I was to lose my background graphic (looked a half hour for where to get that back--I set it up so long ago I can't remember), my precious Bejeweled game (but good thing I also put it on the new pink phone, huh!!), and my reliance on Plammy. I DREAMED about it last night. What's the world coming to? In the dream, Tina from the knitting store fixed it. I wonder if she knows my subconscious thinks she is a genius? Yeah yeah, it's just she was the last person I talked to before I went home, that's all the deep subconscious meaning to THAT. Don't let me get too Piscean!!

OK, back to work. I have a lot to do and it is actually interesting.

Comments

Tina said...
Your subconscious can just keep on thinking I'm a genious. I'm TOTALLY cool with that.Also, I decided to keep the laceweight, and dye it. We should have a Kool-Aid dying party sometime soon. I'm free ALL next weekend, hint hint.
Thursday, August 10, 2006 7:33:00 PM


Tina said...
Also, just looked at the site I got that yarn and fiber from, and there's a whopping 1120 yards of that laceweight! For $11.60!
Thursday, August 10, 2006 10:28:00 PM


DianeS said...
Boy, Icarus looked a lot *greeny* in person. (In wool?) But it does look gorgeous all blocked out. Is it big enough?
Friday, August 11, 2006 12:59:00 AM


Nancy Jo said...
I'm so concerned to hear about your Bejeweled problem. Patty is now a keen Bejeweled player, leading to me leaving my dayplanner at home sometimes, which is not really a wonderful thing. Maybe her cell phone will play it? I hadn't thought of that option. Hmmmm.Amazing Icarus! I'm not worthyNancy Jo, who bought the exact same Palm Pilot, and first beamed Bejeweled to Suna :-)
Friday, August 11, 2006 9:13:00 AM


rachel l. said...
Wow, Icarus is so beautiful --- I have been trying to decide what to make with the laceweight I got at Kaleidescope Yarns last month and this might be just the ticket.
Sunday, August 13, 2006 10:12:00 AM

No comments: