There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Pens, Pens Pens and Dyeing Photos

Good-ish. Not dwelling on yuck-ish aspects of life today.

I am thrilled to say I got my pens in the mail yesterday from the cool Japanese pen website I found last week (go there to see the cute chopstick pencils). Here is sort of a photo of the set I got, only it had brighter colors--a green and a light blue instead of the much preferred maroon and dark blue pictured, wah. Still, they write so nicely. .38 mm is such a nice width for ink to spew forth in. I now have lots of purple and dark green, plus these. All set with good pens with Japanese writing on them everywhere I need to write stuff, now.

And it is Dear Partner's birthday, so if you know him, feel free to wish him a happy 55th. I think he had fun celebrating--he was out until 4 am after spending the evening (as far as I know) at good ole Donn's Depot.


I am also happy to note that Jody posted a description of and photos of the dyeing fun we had on Saturday. It's the August 21 post on this site. See my kitchen! See my dog's tongue! Here is a picture of the lace/sock weight yarn I dyed and got the muted, oddball colors I had been looking for, which are a sea green kind of effect, a dark green and a reddish brown. Can't wait.

I finished winding all the yarn I dyed and overdyed with the young son last night. I will post a photo of the lovely yarn cakes that resulted this evening, I hope. I think all my various sunny variegated Ella Rae worsted wools will knit up to be a fun felted bag.

I have been very flattered at the younger son's interest in tarot lately. He asked for a deck and is now using the very Irish one I used for a while. He is being quite studious, and has good intuitions on it, too. It is so nice talking to him that we ended up enjoying a very long traffic delay yesterday. He said, "Mom, look on the bright side; it was family bonding time!" Of course, costly bonding with the price of gas, but all good.

Comment

Tina said...
I'll get some pictures up later today - including more of your dog's tongue! Tell DP I said happy birthday!
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 12:26:00 PM

No comments: