There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

In a Groove

I must be getting used to early mornings. I was actually cheerful with the boys when I drove them to school at the crack of dawn, and then I got all excited when I realized I was seeing all the bats flying back to their "caves" (they live under a bridge on the highway) as I was driving in towards I-35. How lovely--there are so many that it looks like lines of smoke, and when you get close they are just flapping their little wings and darting around--very obviously NOT birds. There are good things about really early mornings.

And when I got to work, I found out that all the work I did this week got me the "you go girl" award for the week. They hardly ever give those to contractors. It IS nice to have your work rewarded, and helps heal some of my self esteem loss. And I have worked hard this week, but I like that kind of work, organizing projects and stuff. That is the fun part.

A longer post to come. Thinking about the past and dealing with it with tools and introspection.

translation: this post had nothing to do with Lee.

Comments

Jody said...
I like the image of the bats darting around. Makes me smile.Very very glad to hear about your recognition at work. Very glad, indeed.
Thursday, August 31, 2006 8:16:00 AM

Tina said...
Man, I love bats. Would you know, in the many times I visited before I moved, and in the three months I've lived here, I haven't yet been to seen the bat unger the Congress St Bridge? They're having a "Bat Festival" this weekend, though, so I'm probably going to go to that!'Grats on the "yo go girl" award.
Thursday, August 31, 2006 9:39:00 AM

sandy said...
See, I've been saying it for years..."Suna rocks"You deserve to be recognized.That is so cool about the bats.
Thursday, August 31, 2006 3:23:00 PM

No comments: