There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Another List of Things

I am too tired to write much, so copping out by answering weird questions I got off someone else's blog again after a quick news update.

Brief update:

  • I am happy that the older boy's band got a "1" at their competition so get to go on--they sounded wonderful, hardly like a high school band.
  • I actually got happy Friday after getting perverse pleasure out of solving problems at work--trying to figure out how to work within a very arbitrary system of writing, and we made it fun--yay to my two marvy coworkers.
  • I was so happy on Friday, that I danced and sang through an entire losing football game, thereby confusing my lovely boss, who sat with me so I was not alone any more, but greatly entertaining her nephew and middle school students who came to play with the band.
  • I really enjoy the knitting store and the nice people there. It's fun to help people out and try to figure out some of the interesting characters who show up.
  • Aha, that's it. I am viewing life as a puzzle lately and doing better than usual to solve things.
  • Had a nice chat at the Olde Spiritual Home with someone whose spirituality is much like mine today--I am glad that chance meeting occurred. She's also deep in the bowels of the underworld at the moment.
  • I will post more later on how I feel about two friends leaving my former employer.
OK, here's the quiz:

"If the entire internet jumped off a cliff, would you?"
No. I have never watched anything on U-Tube, so I can actually resist trends. Heck, I didn’t believe that trend for graphics on websites was actually going to last. Ha ha ha.

1. FIRST NAME? Sue but I really prefer Sue Ann or Suna

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Yes, Bettye Sue and Doris Ann, two aunts. Glad I am not Doris Bettye

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Listening to a song, “Mother, I Climbed” by Tracy Grammer.

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? You betcha

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Haven’t had any in so long I can’t remember. Salami of some kind.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Depends on who I was.

7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? :this is it.:

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? yes

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? No way.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Special K with “red berries”

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Not usually

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Depends on what day you ask.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Vanilla with chocolate and caramel swirls, or dulce de leche

14. SHOE SIZE? 7.5-8 US

5. RED OR PINK? red

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Judgmental, inability to find an appropriate life partner before someone else finds them.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Corey Creekmur

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Tina, from whom I got this expressed it well. I will say that, no, I hate emails with this stuff in them.

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Denim pants, red shirt, blue shoes. Red hand-knit socks. Turquoise and ruby earrings.

20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Sample of gray cake frosting my son was making for an odd school project..

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Myself typing.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? teal

23. FAVORITE SMELL? Rose, mixed with violet

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Deana, fellow band mom

25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? voice

26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON you stole THIS from? Why yes, I do.

27. FAVORITE DRINK? Ace Pear Cider

28. FAVORITE SPORT? baseball

29. EYE COLOR? Brown, medium

30. HAT SIZE? Normal

31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No, they shift around too much for my eagle-eyed need for detail

32. FAVORITE FOOD? squash

33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy. It’s the only way I get to see happy. LIFE is scary.

35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter

36. HUGS OR KISSES? kisses

37. FAVORITE DESSERT? Bread pudding

38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Barbara loves lists.

39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Nearly everyone.

40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Two political books by Geoffrey Nunberg and Noam Chomsky.

41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE Pad? trackball mouse.

42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? End of the baseball game, then Saturday Night Live. Was at a band contest most of the time.

43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? My kids laughing

44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Beatles.

45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Switzerland

46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? I know who likes me

47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Sarasota Florida

48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Tina who loves pink

translation: marvy coworkers are, I think, Greg and Heath.

Comments

Barbara said...
Of course, you knew I'd love it. :) Now I need to know what political books you are reading and if you'd recommend them. I'd like to get Pete another book to go with his CD version of State of Denial. I put the list on my blog too. Thanks!
Tuesday, October 24, 2006 8:27:00 PM

Suna said...
The books were at work when I wrote the post. They are: Talking Right, by Geoff Nunbuerg, and Failed States by Noam Chomsky. Thanks, pal.
Wednesday, October 25, 2006 8:08:00 AM

Suna said...
ACK, that is Nunberg above.
Wednesday, October 25, 2006 8:08:00 AM

Sam said...
Loved this so much I copied you and Barbara and Sandy and did it on my blog too.Take careSam
Thursday, October 26, 2006 10:38:00 PM

No comments: