There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Friday, November 30, 2007

Friday's Feast

Back to light-hearted fare, since I know the best way to kill any possible comments here is to write something serious or political. Oh well, I get to write what I feel like writing. But I know you missed Friday's Feast last week, and are glad it's back!

Appetizer: What is your favorite carnival/amusement park ride?
When I was young, it was the tilt-a-whirl. At this point in life, I am fine with never going to a carnival or amusement park again, ever.

Soup: How do you react in uncomfortable social situations?
Since I am "sensitive" my innards react hard. If at all possible, I leave the room so I can think about what to do next. I do try to be kind and helpful. I am quite capable of keeping my opinions to myself if I can see I would offend someone, but I am unwilling to pretend to be someone I am not, so sometimes things WILL get uncomfortable. I just try to be my "highest self."

Salad: On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how much do you enjoy discussing deep, philosophical topics?
9, usually. 2 when tired. 5 when it involves Tuba Boy or his father. I love a discussion with someone willing to listen and to have their mind changed, since I am usually willing to learn something new and have my mind changes. Dogmatic people, people who argue just to argue (and may not even really believe their position), or people who get angry if you don't agree with them turn me off.


Main Course: Did you get a flu shot this year? If not, do you plan to?
Nope. I am very healthy, so it is optional for me. I did last year, when there was a convenient place to get one. I really haven't had an opportunity this year.

Dessert: Approximately how many hours per week do you spend watching television?
Not sure. 15-20*? Right now, more than I used to, because Lee and I watch a lot of football. There are many evenings we don't even turn it on unless Beccano wants to watch some documentary or biography (I know a lot about John Lennon and Guns 'N Roses thanks to him). I only really watch network TV on Tuesday evenings. I enjoy Bones, House (unrealistic as it may be) and Boston Legal. I kicked the Grey's Anatomy habit last year. It is TOO addictive. And I watch the Daily Show and Colbert Report religiously if I am home (and I am TIRED of the writers' strike, even if I do agree with them). Some evenings we put on HGTV and don't really watch it, just look up occasionally to comment on something pretty or ugly. And if the TV is on, I am knitting. I can't just watch it. That used to really bug poor Jeff, for whom that medium is something to pay rapt attention to.

*20 would be if the Comedy Central fake news shows are new episodes.

No comments: