There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Friday, June 27, 2008

Friday's Feast

Appetizer: What is the weather like today where you live?

It will be 100F by the end of the day. It has been the hottest June ever. There is a tiny chance of rain. We are already in drought, and that usually doesn't start until July. Ugh.

Soup: On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how career-minded are you?

3. I chose doing what I loved over doing what made money, and it backfired horribly. I am now 50 years old and still in "starter" jobs. I am highly educated and smart, but did all the wrong things, including spending over a decade at a nonprofit organization that many people dislike so much that they hold it against you in other jobs. Right now, I just want something that pays enough to cover my bills. I just want to knit.

Salad: What type of window coverings do you have in your home? Blinds, curtains, shutters, etc.?

There are wood blinds in the office and dining room. The rest of the house has really nice blinds that save energy. In the media room they are the type that can lower from the top or raise from the bottom. There are toppers in the family room that match some of my kitchen things, and the kids rooms and guest room also have curtains. The master bedroom has some long drapey thing. There are no curtains or blinds in the little formal living room. I never have figured out what I want. It's been eleven years.

Main Course: Name something that instantly cheers you up.


Lee and the kids. And things with pansies on them.


Dessert: How many times do you hit the snooze button on a typical morning?

0. Now that I am an unemployed slacker, I ignore Lee's phone alarm. When I am working, I get up the moment the alarm starts. I hate listening to alarms.

No comments: