There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Tarot Quiz and Other

First, the Tarot Quiz. I also put this on the Tarot blog, but since no one reads it but me and Lee any more, I am also copying here:

Patricia the Knitting Teacher (form the yarn shoppe) sent me this link to a tarot quiz she had taken. She was the Empress, mostly. I knew it would be fun, fun for everyone so I got it and took it myself. Here are my results:


You scored as II - The High Priestess. The High Priestess is a card of intuition, instinct and hidden knowledge. She knows all your secrets, you can hide nothing from her. Yet you will never know the secrets she herself protects.If well aspected in a Tarot spread, this card can indicate the use of intuition to solve problems; trust to your instincts. If badly aspected, it can mean suppression and ignoring of such instincts - following your head at the expense of your heart.

II - The High Priestess

100%

III - The Empress

94%

XIII: Death

94%

VI: The Lovers

81%

IV - The Emperor

81%

XI: Justice

75%

XVI: The Tower

69%

I - Magician

63%

VIII - Strength

63%

X - Wheel of Fortune

56%

0 - The Fool

44%

XIX: The Sun

38%

XV: The Devil

25%

Which Major Arcana Tarot Card Are You?
created with QuizFarm.com

You can take the quiz, too! There is a very funny "Wheel of Fotrune" question on it. I liked my results a lot, anyway. The Death card is so high because I said I liked change, and it can tell if you are a man or woman, hence High Priestess and Empress.

Other Stuff

Yes, there has been other stuff. Let's see. In dog news, Rose now is at least three inches taller than Scrunchy and only one pound less in weight. She is a lean, not really mean, puppy machine. She has a lovely personality and very shiny fur. If she'd just stop with the chewing of inappropriate objects...

Buddy is fine, but I get concerned about how aggr4essively he acts toward new people, especially since we have so many people trooping in and out for podcasts, for parties, and to hang out with the kids. He really wasn't friendly to one kid. And the poor fellow tore out a toenail this week. He hobbled for a couple of days but now is playing again.

My dogs are the same. Gwynnie can't do the doggie door very well, and Scrunchy prefers to follow Rose in and out. They are all really happy, though.

Work has been OK, though not terribly exciting. Lee and I are working together, but I am being grumpy about it (it is not personal). I am learning stuff and getting better, so I will live. I'm just so nerved out about work...but not dwelling on it. I look forward to talking with an agency on Monday that seems to have lots of training jobs. Whew. It might be nice to get at least something, given that my current temp employer sorta said, "Oh, you need a job," and never got back to me.

I am enjoying lots of stuff, which helps. Older Boy's friends visited last night and made me laugh a lot. And Younger Boy has been very funny doing stuff with Lee, so I enjoy that. Good to focus on the happy family stuff.

Not fun stuff. Of course Jeff met with his potential housemate in East Austin, and found numerous flaws with the house (the lady seemed OK though). I am not surprised, but would not have minded being pleasantly surprised by a positive report. I feel a lot of pressure to get him to leave, but can't imagine how I would live with myself if I had to throw him out with nowhere to go. I guess I will have to have a chat with him about taking up some people's offers of temporary places to be.

And I felt for Lee yesterday, because he had to go watch STBX take stuff from his house. She seems to have put on a bit of her usual drama. Trying to do the martyr thing. Really reminding me of some of the people I have known here in town who played the pity card a bit too strongly and it didn't come off the way they hoped. Shoot, I can remember wanting folks to feel sorry for me, for a few weeks, then realized that kind of behavior just drove people off. I guess it is my job to be supportive of him, so I will have a biased view. If I mention it to others, they all take her saide and say, "Well, she is hurt," or something to that effect, so none of y'all need to say that in the comments, OK? I do sort of think that, if she had wanted to be his partner so badly, she could have worked on treating him better when asked to do so. But again, I am horribly biased.

Really, things are OK. They will be better when/if the job thing settles, and Lee's legal situation settles. But I am trying to embrace change.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, this time I am the Empress which is better than the last quiz I did where I came out as Che Guevera!

Teresa

Anonymous said...

Well, this time I am the Empress which is better than the last quiz I did where I came out as Che Guevera!

Teresa

sandy said...

Death 88%
The Empress 81%

Anonymous said...

I have observed that "martyred ex" personality trait in several different people, not just in my own infamous ex. In all cases, it has seemed to me that the poor, pathetic rejected person was the one who had been mean-spirited and/or selfish during the relationship, and that it's no wonder they got left behind by someone who just got tired of trying. Martyrdom is another way of getting negative attention, once the old methods have failed due to being left. So I'd have to say that you are certainly entitled to be biased in favor of one you love, but the unbiased truth just may be that the ex created her own misery and she actually enjoys it. That's my amateur analysis, filled with my own biases. :-D

Suna Kendall said...

Hey Kris,

Your amateur analysis sure sounds like how Lee describes his former life. Today he took his blood pressure and it was lower than he'd ever seen it. Hmm, coincidence??