There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Saturday, May 6, 2006

Dog Sweater


Look! I do have another dog besides Gwynnie the Blind Corgi! Today's image is of Scrunchy the Very Large Pug in the dog sweater I made for him when I did a doggie sweater class. I am debating whether to duplicate stitch "Big Pug" on it or not. Hope that wouldn't offend him. Of course, the sweater itself, a plain dog sweater embellished with fair isle borders in Cascade 200, offended him. I put it on him to see if it would fit or not and he froze like a statue with a perplexed air. It certainly made taking the photo easy enough. And yes, I did a rotten job photoshopping his red eye out, but it was late that night! Anyway, I did get him to take a few steps, but I could see that the sleeves had him confused and uncomfortable. Maybe when it gets cool again in the fall we'll try it out again.

I am also a bit worried that, as a male dog, he might um, "soil" it when he lifted his leg. And it's a hand wash sweater. Oh well, good for demo purposes, and I had used leftover yarn!

We have had nasty, nasty weather the last couple of days, with bad hail all around us, but nothing too awful here. And I have been to a rather controversial lacrosse parent meeting, high school band concert, a band parent meeting (where I volunteered for something, when will I learn?), and a middle school percussion recital in the past few days, so I am "parenting"ed out. But it is fun to see one's kids doing music!

Comments

Judy said...
I love the dog sweater! Hopefully, he will wear it in the fall.
Thursday, May 18, 2006 12:15:00 PM

No comments: