There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Tuesday, May 2, 2006

Really Happy with This One


Here is a sweater I am very proud of. It fits beautifully and is so light and comfortable that I know it will be great all summer long. It is from the Enchanted Garden Elsebeth Lavold pattern book (link will tell you more about her), and is made in Hempathy yarn, an intriguing combination of hemp, cotton and modal fibers. It was a bit stiff to knit with but is already softening up. The yarn comes in very interesting, muted colors--it's probably hard to bleach hemp out completely.

I loved the pattern, called Althea. The design is subtle but there are little touches of shaping that make the sweater really fit well. I think I will make another one out of this book sometime.

On another topic, I am hoping a great job I applied for will come through, so send hopeful vibes. They changed it to a full time job instead of contract work, so now I need to wait for an official process to happen and hope no one they like better applies! I am still looking for something that fits my web/writing skills and will pay enough to support ye olde family.

Very proud of the family. Kynan is getting an academic acknowledgement at school, which is wonderful--he adapted so well to high school!! He also did a manly task and helped a friend with heavy lifting and big machine work over the weekend, with a great attitude. And Declan's work on Flash astounds me. It is so fun watching him express his creativity!

Comments

Judy said...
Wow, I love this sweater! I love the pattern and the color. Did you buy the pattern book from Pat? Thanks again for all of your help on my shrug project! Hope to see ya soon.
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 11:48:00 AM

Sam said...
This sweater is beautiful! As are you. I love having the chance to pop on here and see your gorgeous creations.Take care
Thursday, May 18, 2006 7:00:00 PM

No comments: