There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Wednesday, July 5, 2006

Love My Blue Hair

Been doing all sorts of extra goof-off things as I revel in a few last days of no work, no kids, no nothing.

Yesterday I celebrated the 230th birthday of the USA by doing a tarot reading with good ole Jody, who did not have a ball of yarn in her hand to throw (yes, I KNOW she was kidding--I was kidding when I mentioned it in the last entry). When we were done, we indulged in our inner Diva or something, and spent time battling the wind while putting lovely blue stripes in our hair. You see, on Saturday two teens with beautiful colored pieces in their hair showed up to the yarn shop, so we asked them how they got those stripes. The mother (who regretted NOT buying hair stripe remover) told us where, and Jody knew of the place. I oohed and aahed about it so much that Jody went out and got some hair, in purple and blue. A LOT of it. And the all-important remover. It's natural human hair! We did not put in lots (I still have interviews to do), but it was a real adventure, neither of us being exactly the "hair-do" types. For example, a gust of wind splatted hair glue all over the top of Jody's head, and with her short hair, it could not exactly be hidden. But, I got it out (mostly), so she won't look like a bird pooped on her head for the next couple of months or anything. The stuff's pretty cool, actually. I washed it, and it is still in there! We have LOTS of hair left. What fun.

Other than that and watching a lot of very wet televised fireworks, not much has been happening. Just making the green shawl longer and longer (each row has over 400 stitches now). I did get to eat a longhorn burger (moo) on Monday, when we took a "let's drive around Austin" trip. I felt like I did the Omnivore's Dilemma guy proud by eating a grass-fed cow.

I've had a lot of bad dreams the past few days. Floods of all sorts, mainly. I will be glad for that, and the rain, to end, but we've had a drought, so the rain is really good.

Comments

Deb said...
Ahhh no pictures of the Blue hair? If you really want to do wild color let me know. I used to be a hair stylist in another life. (before kids)Deb
Thursday, July 06, 2006 2:19:00 AM

Jody said...
oh, my. A hair stylist volunteer! The blue is fantastic. I love it so. Did the chicks with sticks love it, too?
Thursday, July 06, 2006 9:57:00 AM

Suna said...
The chicks all thought it was "too subtle" so I guess I will bring the hair (like it's a living entity or something) on Saturday. And I added two strands, too!
Thursday, July 06, 2006 10:06:00 AM

No comments: