There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Monday, July 24, 2006

Please Help My Man

I don't know how many folks look at this, but I will give it a shot for the Dear Partner's self esteem. He does a really FINE podcast series featuring live music from some very itneresting Austin artists, along with interviews that I have really been enjoying. I have a link to it in the sidebar, but you can also find it here.

The Partner would like to be able to include bands with more than a couple of people in them, but needs more equipment, and a software upgrade. He'd also really like to take his show on the road and do off-site recording, but all that takes big bucks, and singer songwriter types in Austin don't rake in the dough.

It took me forever to convince him to have a fund drive. Now he is ALL bummed that it hasn't exactly taken off. Well, there are only 30 people on the email list--most subscribe via RSS feeds, and he will not do a fund drive podcast, as he says that would irritate people and turn them off. So, I am asking y'all if you feel like it, to support his actually very good efforts with a couple of bucks, or, to encourage anyone you know who enjoys acoustic Americana stuff to visit the site and maybe make a small contribution. It would help our household, and help build up the self esteem of someone who is really trying hard to find a place in the world where he can thrive and contribute.

So, if you know of any music lovers, please share the URL www.austinconnection.net and I will be forever beholden to you. Really, I will. Like, I'd return the favor somehow.

Back to me, me, me shortly.

Comment

Suna said...
Well, in case you were wondering, he got 4 contributions in total. I bought him the digital recorder for his birthday. I am the major funder of the Austin Connection.
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 3:55:00 PM

No comments: