There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Thursday, September 7, 2006

Bag, Before, and Long Day


It sure has been a long day. But even after 11 hours at work (ALE, sweet ALE), I managed to do laundry and am now felting my messenger bag made from the yarns we dyed. Just in case all the color washes out or something, I figured I'd better take its picture BEFORE felting/fulling. There is a sheep measuring tape in the photo so you can see the size it started out with, which is a little narrower than the knitty instructions said it would be, but then I used smaller needles, and Ella Rae yarn (originally off white), not Cascade. The strap is 65" but I draped it artistically, kind of. I also folded the flap so you can see the i-cord edging.

If you click the picture, you can see the individual stitches, which are no longer there, because it's felting away! All the stitches merged nicely. You will have a new picture by Saturday (I will be busy tomorrow working and going to the first high school football game, then Saturday is knitting class and bead shopping with pals, so I bet there won't be photo taking or blogging time until Saturday evening).

Well, this tired broad needs to get AWAY from a keyboard and go to bed. I have typed and looked at screens enough. But, I am proud of the work my group has been doing this week, and that's nice.

translation: This was all about work, even if I was enjoying it. It was work. Note that my employer is getting their money's worth with me. I haven't missed a deadline and have exceeded expectations, even if I happened to start dating a coworker in November.

Comments

deb said...
Looks like it will be really cool. Anton is felting his right now too. 5 wash cycles later it looks really quite nice. Now he just has to sew on the strap and he made pockets for the front of his to hold his phone and ipod. It is blocking and drying now.
Thursday, September 07, 2006 10:25:00 PM

Suna said...
I only ended up felting mine once, but I didn't want it to get too small. He probably made his larger or with two strands (I just used one, since it was my hand dyed yarn). The strap didn't felt well. I will have to do it again. Do send a photo of Anton's!
Friday, September 08, 2006 8:13:00 AM

Anton Olsen said...
Here's mine.http://knit.lr2.com/2006/09/09/man-bag/Plenty of texture left but it shrunk up nicely and should hold it's shape well.
Saturday, September 09, 2006 12:54:00 AM

No comments: