There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Wednesday, September 6, 2006

Kidnews



Don’t you think it’s time I moved on to a different topic? Yes, I do, too. So I will talk about my children. I went to the high school open house last night, and it warmed my heart to hear how nicely the teachers spoke about the older boy (pictured at right in an image intended to highlight the fluffiness of his hair). They all talked about him being respectful yet funny, and a very interesting person. And more than one teacher talked about how this year’s group of students is so focused and interested in what they are learning. The Spanish teacher nearly made me cry. I should probably write her a thank-you note.

He makes me laugh and laugh with how he plays World of Warcraft, IMs his friends, and does his homework all at the same time. I sure passed on the multitasking gene. I really can’t chide him for it—that is how I work, too.

We are still working on organization with him--and doing his work at the last minute. But, hey, everyone has their challenges. I am really proud of how he meets challenges, works with others, and stays upbeat. He was SO happy to see his friends at the former spiritual home last Sunday—makes me want to go, whether I personally like it or not.

And the other boy, his interest in tarot has warmed my heart—I know sometimes he gets interested in things just to please his parents (he has decided to like watching marathons and stuff, to support his dad, which is sweet). But, he seems genuinely interested and quite intuitive about it. And he is really improving at school. After being so worried about him for so long, I think he will be all right. He is even coping with having a rather unpleasant group of fellow students at school this year. Makes me proud.

Both boys are helping more around the house, and not complaining about it. So, even if Dear Partner continues to point out their areas of improvement, I am sorta pleased at their progress. I am a lucky mother.

Comments

deb said...
My children have only met your oldest son at a conference just over a year ago. They still talk about what a neat person he was. He was entertaining them with this little finger puppet of an irish man or leprechaun maybe it was. They thought he was quite funny and very sweat since they are considerably younger than he was. You have done well in you parenting department.
Wednesday, September 06, 2006 9:25:00 PM

Suna said...
Thank you, Deb. One of my son's endearing comments is that he truly loves to entertain younger kids, and he likes to talk to them, not talk down to them. We will just have to get them all together, huh.
Thursday, September 07, 2006 5:47:00 PM

knittingwoman said...
My oldest has glasses and curly hair like that too. Sigh, I miss him, he lives so far away.Multitasking, that would be my second son. IM, music, webstuff and a tv in his room too when he was finishing up highschool.
Thursday, September 07, 2006 8:38:00 PM

Anonymous said...
gracias Piero
Wednesday, September 13, 2006 2:14:00 PM

No comments: