There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Friday's Feast (Late Again)

Appetizer: When was the last time you received a surprise in the mail, and what was it?
Yay, an easy one. Just a few weeks ago I got a box from a member of a couple of my email lists, which had some lovely red silk laceweight knitting yarn, a nice card and some candy in it. I had no idea it was coming--I suspect the members of that list conspired to send some people having hard times little pick-me-ups. It was so very much appreciated.

Soup: If you could have a summer and/or winter home, where would you want it to be?
Let's have four homes! Winter: Virgin Islands; Spring: Texas Hill Country; Summer: Great North Woods near a lake in either Wisconsin or Minnesota; Fall: western Ireland.
Salad: Pick one: pineapple, orange, banana, apple, cherry.
Pineapple. My favorite fruit.

Main Course: Describe the nicest piece of clothing that you own.
Probably the shawl that Jody knitted for me last year. It is mottled red silk/cashmere yarn and a faroese-ish shape, with beautiful lace patterning and a lovely border. It stays on perfectly and is nice and big. It's a piece of art AND something to wear. The picture on this post is a close-up of some of the shawl's details.

Dessert: If you could forget one whole day from your life, which day would you choose to wipe from your memory?
At first I was going to say 9/11, but maybe I need to remember that, awful as the experience was. I'd like to forget, though, the last day I was at the main office of the Dysfunctional Nonprofit Organization, when the guy I worked with for a year and a half told me I was off the project and to go get another job. I knew he suddenly turned on people if they made even a tiny perceived error, but I guess I thought it would not be me. I really pity anyone who works with this fellow--perhaps the most two-faced individual I have ever met. And if you're spying on me for his folks, feel free to tell him.

1 comment:

nyjlm said...

That shawl detail is gorgeous!

And ugh to the last part. Just ugh.