There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Friday, June 23, 2006

Queen Me



Look at meee, I'm a beauty pageant entrant. More of a job pageant entrant. I am wearing my lovely sash sent by my friend Nancy in San Antonio. Very crafty, Nancy. She sent a sweet note saying that since she could not be with me to cheerlead me on during my job search, she made me this job seeker self esteem booster sash. It's pretty darned funny, and made me feel better after what happened in the previous post.

There's a lovely white flower, two blue rabbit's feet, cheerleader charms and megaphones and lovely #1 hearts. All on shiny garland stuff that I used to use for something when I was a youth--you wound yarn in it or some such thing?

I like that there is a gnome peeking over me, like a little pagan angel on my shoulder. Ha ha ha ha. (I am in Jeff's studio, as witnessed by large collection of record albums and sound cushioning stuff on the walls.)

My friends have helped SO much--no wonder I am feeling better! I received a lovely care package from my first coworker at my old job--my original helper. And another little token from an email pal, and many wonderful cards. At first I was just too bummed out to appreciate it, but now that I have crawled out of the hole a bit, I am really appreciating all the job ideas, kind words, little gifts, dinners, sweet email messages and phone calls. It reminds me that what I DID get out of the former job was some wonderful friends, of all ages and stages, all over the world. Now I just hope I don't lose them!

Comments

Meg Sondey said...
OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH.... REAL cheerleading sashes!DEFINITELY cool! DEFINITELY in!Bet the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders wish they had good friends like this!
Friday, June 23, 2006 5:37:00 PM


Nancy Jo said...
Honey, I'm on you like glue. You'll have to go into the witness protection program to lose me.your email pal forever
Friday, June 23, 2006 5:41:00 PM


Deb said...
Love the Sash!!!! Sorry the job is not starting right away for you. We will have to go out to lunch some Saturday before you start work. Anton and I want to come see your favorite yarn shop too.Deb
Saturday, June 24, 2006 12:45:00 AM


Jennifer said...
Yeah, I'm with Nancy Jo on this one.
Saturday, June 24, 2006 5:01:00 PM


Suna said...
Thanks, friends. Right now I really need all the loyal friends I can get. You have helped me through a rough day with these posts.
Saturday, June 24, 2006 7:36:00 PM

No comments: