There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Monday, June 4, 2007

Traffic Grumble/Weather Wow


What a day of extremes. Right now the sky is blue as it can be and lovely. It is VERY obvious, however, that not very long ago we had a big ole hail storm. There are leaves under every tree, and one of our pepper plants looks extremely sad. Must have rained very hard, too--all the new grass is flattened to the ground. Even the weather is big in Texas.
(The photo is one Jeff took last year, but it looked just like that last night--the lightning was so bright it made the street lights think it was day for a long time!)


Meanwhile, I left for home at 4:30. I got here at 6:00 pm. Usually I'd be home by 5. Both on the way to work and on the way back there were traffic lights flashing red. It took 45 minutes to get to work, 1.5 hours to get home. The one on the way home was the big bottleneck road even when things are working (Anderson Mill and 620 for you locals). Traffic was backed up going the other way all the way up the shiny new exit ramp from 183.


The thing about stop-and-go traffic is that it is a killer in a manual transmission car. And I had heels on today because I wore a nice outfit with my new sweater! ACK. I may skip the planned decluttering. On the good side, I knitted 6 rows in the traffic (there were LONG periods of not moving at all). I saw a guy give me a thumbs-up, laughing.

No comments: