There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Made Another Blog! And I Am a Butterfly?



Yes, I finally made a blog for the yarn shop I do the website of and teach some classes at. About time! Feel free to visit--we hope to add lots more content as time goes on.

I can't believe I never posted a picture of this sweater I made last fall. It is the cover sweater from the Fall 2005 Vogue Knitting, done in blues--Lorna's Laces worsted weight. I am showing the back view because it is so pretty. The whole thing is a big circle, with space for the arms. You can wear it as a shorter sweater by turning it upside down, in which case it has a big collar.

Other than working, today (enjoying seeing some projects coming together and moving forward!), I have been thinking a lot about attitudes, and how hard it is to change them, but how nice it is when you finally do. I've read this before, but firmly believe it is true that sometimes people stick with what they are used to, even when it actually isn't good for them, just because they are more comfortable with the familiar. That includes relationships, jobs, social groups--and even attitudes. Sometimes it is easier to just keep feeling attached to someone or something, even if it is doing you no good!

Lately I feel like a butterfly who had to have its chrysalis opened with a sledgehammer, which felt awful, but feels much better now that it is flying around in all the colors and light!

No comments: