There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Wednesday, March 1, 2006

Perseverance, and When to Let Go


I thought a lot about perseverance last night. [I have deleted this story, sorry.]

On one of my email lists a woman just praised me for finally deciding it was time to "let go" of something that has been dear to me for a very long time. It was something I cared so much about that I put a lot of myself into it, and worked so hard to do my part to help it succeed. Recently, I finally hit the point where I realized it wasn't going to work, and through no fault of my own, this Titanic is traveling through a field of icebergs and is sinking fast. And this email list woman is right in being happy for me--I do feel an incredibly lightened stress level, and don't feel so "guilty" thinking about new projects and priorities. I am someone who sticks with commitments and is perhaps overly loyal, so it is painfully difficult to let go of something I have committed to. But unlike learning socks, sticking this will not bring me years of pleasure and beauty, but will continue to provide me with more unpleasant "growth opportunities" and lessons in dealing with disappointment. SIGH.

In happier news, the photo for today is the fru-fru dog sweater I made as a store sample. I am now, get this, making a "summer" dog sweater. It has a lovely fluffy border. Oh yeah, I am sure a REAL dog would just LOVE these fluffy things. But, humans will just eat them up, I bet!

Comments

Stephanie said...
Hooray for you and your shift to a new phase of your life. Your friends are here rooting for you in all aspects of this adventure.In the meanwhile, are you gonna share the pattern for this adorable doggie sweater?! Maddy would just LOVE to sport one around town.XOXO
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 4:16:00 PM


DianeS said...
Sorry to hear about the income drop! But congrats on taking it so well.Wish we could stay in better touch. But know that I think of you often and other friends are asking how you're doing. I'm glad you're blogging again (and I won't spread it around!).DianeS
Thursday, March 02, 2006 4:17:00 PM

Suna said...
Hey Stephanie and Diane. The dog sweater is the cover sweater from the book "Knitting for Dogs," by Kristi Porter. The toy dog does remind me of your precious puppy, Stephanie, and it is EASY, so you could do it! Just wait until I post the summer sweater, which is on a larger toy greyhound. I find it a bit scary, but ladies love it and are all clamoring for a dog sweater class. OK, fine.Diane, we have to get the yarn group going better. Karen and I talked about taking it back to people's houses and soon. Of course, you and I could try to actually do lunch or something.
Sunday, March 05, 2006 1:26:00 PM

Vicki said...
Yay! Suna is blogging again!I am proud of the work you have done to get to this point. You had a very rough week last week and are doing a remarkable job caring for yourself!Happy belated b-day.
Monday, March 06, 2006 11:53:00 AM

No comments: