There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Wednesday, March 8, 2006

My Poor Dog

I am really scared about my dog. Gwynneth is a Pembroke Welsh Corgi and will be 9 years old on Monday. She is the first dog I ever had that I owned (not my family's dogs). She has rapidly become blind over the past few days, and we do not know what has caused it. We noticed her bumping into walls on Saturday, and now she really gets lost a lot, can't find her food bowl at feeding time, and hesitates to go outside to do her business. It is so sad to see her like this. In the picture she is standing at the top of the stairs. I had to carry her down those same stairs last night, as she kept walking into a wall looking for them, and I was worried that she would fall. When I clipped her toenails this morning, she jumped off the couch straight into the coffee table. I know blind dogs adjust, but this is so rapid, she is not used to it. I am taking her to the vet this afternoon and will post an update. I know hardly anyone reads this, and it's mainly for me, but I just wanted to say how worried we all are about her. She reminds me of my dear departed mother, and last night I dreamed my mom was in a wheelchair and stuck in the stands at a baseball game. Like poor handicapped Gwynnie, stuck at the top of the stairs. Sniff.

The pug (Scrunchy) is fine, but even he seems a bit worried, subdued, etc. There is much less running around and barking than there was this time last week. The cat is happy as heck that Gwynn is not after him every time he dares walk through the downstairs in the house.

No comments: