There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Friday, October 5, 2007

Friday's Feast

Appetizer: On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how much do you look forward to your birthday?
Ehh, 5. In theory, I like the idea of everyone having a day in the year when they are treated special, but I also notice that everyone got born and it had to be on one day or another, so having a birthday really doesn't make you unique. And when folks get tons of attention publicly, it can make people whose birthdays go completely unnoticed feel bad. I like getting cards and some nice treatment from my family, but am not one of those people who go out and announce that they expect this and that for themselves, or who get all peeved if someone dares not notice the day. I am also "bad" in that I do not send out birthday wishes to everyone on every email list I am on. I like them every day, and when something significant happens, I am there for the, so I hope that counts. Hmm, lots of words. I must have birthday "issues."

Soup: What is one word you don’t like the sound, spelling, or meaning of?
Fatso. It's the meanest word. And it was what my brother called me every day for years, and what all the kids at school called me. If you look at my childhood photos you will see a child who was not built like a stick, and was tall for her age. But, sigh, nowhere near "fat." Nonetheless, thanks to "fatso" I have a fat self image.

Salad: Do you wear sunglasses when you’re outside? If so, what does your current pair look like?
I'd wear them more if they were with me. But, they tend to live in a car, generally the one I am not in. And I need prescription sunglasses, which makes it harder. I had hoped to get clip-ons for the glasses I wear all the time, but they never came in.

Main Course: If you were to write a book, to whom would you dedicate it?
Lee and Roberta Bishop Johnson, my mentor.

Dessert: Name a beverage that you enjoy.
Just one, how cruel. Ace Pear Cider. Nectar of the Gods. The most delicious, refreshing and wonderful alcoholic beverage ever created. Both sweet and tart, it's bubbly wonderfulness brightens up a hot day or a cool evening.

No comments: