There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Friday, October 26, 2007

Friday's Feast

Appetizer: Name a great website you would recommend to others.
The Loopy Ewe, my favorite yarn supplier, and a wonderful family business. The owner posts great recipes on her blog, too. Another site I like is the Perpetual Kid. They sell really amusing items that are just for fun--real good stuff for your desk at work.

Soup: On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 as highest), how often do you dream at night?
10. I dream a lot. I think I live an entire second life while I am asleep. I love the insights I get from dreams.

Salad: Did you have a pet as a child? If so, what kind and what was its name?
I had lots of pets (including Squirrelly the Squirrel and Gerbie the Gerbil--great namer I was). But the stand-outs were my two dogs: Maggie was a black spaniel mix who had to be the most even-tempered animal ever. I had her from when I was a small girl through most of high school. She lived to be 18, and we got her when she was around 8. We dressed her up, made her ride all the rides in the playground, slept on her, and she just sat there smiling. Pumpkin came after Maggie. She was a Jewish dachshund mix (her ethnicity was acquired from her first owners, and explains her New York accent). Pump was the smartest and most fun pet in the whole world. She was like having a sister who talked funny. I swear we conversed often. She even saved my mom's life, like Lassie--fetched my dad after Mom fell and broke her hip. My brother, boyfriend and I enjoyed "making her talk" in her little accent, and we also REALLY enjoyed making farting noises behind her, which made her think she'd really done it. "Hey, I didn't feel that!" I still miss her.

Main Course: If you had the chance to star in a commercial, what would you choose to advertise?
Jody's yarn!! Of course, first she'd have to dye up a lot of it, then there would have to be a storefront, then there would have to be a budget. But yeah, I'd sit there knitting and say, "I'm just KRAZY 'bout this colorful sock yarn!"

Dessert: What is your favorite kind of hard candy?
CARAMEL APPLE POPS. Buy me some.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Puuuhhh-leeese!

You would so not be sitting there knitting in a CMYK comercial. My comercials would be modeled after the furniture comercials -

You need sock yarn, we have sock yarn!
You need to get your lace on, we've got what you need!
You have a hankering to add something killer to your stash, you've come to the right place!

WE WANNA GET YOU KNITTING!!! (while throwing bunches of yarn in the air, like, ya know, instead of the dorky guys who throw 20 one dollar bills in the air while saying 'we wanna save you money'? Right? Ya know? Ya see the vision of genious? Do ya? Do ya?)

Suna Kendall said...

You are a certified genius, or certified something. You gotta be Krazy to throw yarn around like that, woman.