There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Friday, February 1, 2008

Friday's Feast

Appetizer: What is your favorite kind of cereal?

Hot cereal: tie between oatmeal (real) and grits. Cold cereal: Special K with Berries

Soup: When was the last time you purchased something for your home, what was it, and in which room did it go?
At IKEA last week I got a press coffeemaker for $12, because Lee stopped drinking coffee in the mornings and I don't want to waste it. It is in the kitchen mostly, sometimes in the office. We also got some candles. We always need candles. Crazed spending for our very careful household right now.

Salad: What is the funniest commercial you’ve ever seen?
Absolutely no clue. I enjoy the Mac vs. PC series. That will have to do.

Main Course: Make up a name for a company by using a spice and an animal (example: Cinnamon Monkey).
Tarragon Tse Tse Flies. OK that cracks me up.

Dessert: Fill in the blank: I haven’t ______ since ______.
I haven’t worked since December 14. Not obsessing. Not me.



And in the work department, I think I have applied for 7 or 8 jobs today. One or two seemed really good. Others well, honestly, were stabs in the dark. Some of the systems, especially the State of Texas, are real pains in the butt to fill out. Over an hour, not kidding. This applying for jobs really IS a job! And I assure you, I dread the idea of working downtown. But, as they keep telling us, there are great benefits and stability in those state jobs!

No comments: