There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Friday, August 17, 2007

Friday's Feast

Appetizer: Describe your laundry routine. Do you have a certain day when you do it all, or do you just wash whatever you need for the next day?

This is embarrassing. For most of my life I have been the laundry queen. I always did laundry once a week, mostly on the same day. That was a lot easier when I worked from home. But since Lee has been here (with his fancy washer and dryer), he has taken over and I only occasionally start a load. I do fold laundry some. He seems to start on the weekends, but it takes a while. It all gets done, though, and I am totally grateful for that.

Soup: In your opinion, what age will you be when you’ll consider yourself to truly be old?
I'd say around 80. People I know in their 70s seem to be getting up there, but not really acting "old." In the 80s they seem to start slowing down, getting more ailments and such. Maybe in 30 years, people won't start seeming old until they are 90! But I don't know--things are getting worse, not better in the US. Our lifespans are decreasing now, and I don't see the health care system improving. I probably won't be able to afford insurance, so I could end up like people I know who don't get things checked out until way too late, and then can't afford the kind of care that would keep their issues at bay.

Salad: What is one of your goals? Is it short-term, long-term, or both?
My main goal is to have a place to live that is not crowded and hyper regulated, and where I can live more simply, and that I will have the resources to stay there comfortably and knit until I get "old."

Main Course: Name something unbelievable you’ve seen or read lately.
I read about a town in Alabama where black high school students have been treated horribly for daring to sit under the "white tree" on the school grounds. White kids have assaulted and threatened them, with no consequences, but anything a black kid does has been prosecuted to the fullest extent (with all-white juries). I guess I didn't want to know that places like that still exist.

Dessert: On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how happy are you today?
Probably a 8. Slight worry about the car for Tuba Boy issue, and that health care system train of thought under the "soup" section didn't help. But really, life is good. So much better than it was, even this time last year, and many magnitudes better than it was two years ago.

No comments: