There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Friday, August 31, 2007

Friday's Feast

Appetizer: Who is the easiest person for you to talk to?
Well, there are actually a fairly good number of people I find it easy to talk to. But there are two people I can just talk to, totally uncensored, knowing they'll love me no matter what dorky stuff comes out: Lee and Nancy Jo. I just love sitting with Lee and saying whatever pops into my mind, and listening to what he comes up with. And I used to love sitting around or riding in the car to work with Nancy Jo and just talking. We'd figure a lot of stuff out, and be gentle with each other when the stuff was hard. I miss those conversations. Though I have to say, when we do manage to get on the phone now, many words come out.

Soup: If you could live in any ancient city during the height of the quality of its society and culture, which one would you choose?
Edo, which is what eventually became Tokyo

Salad: What is the most exciting event you’ve ever witnessed?
Being on a plane at 9/11 was "exciting" but not in a good way. I guess the most significant event in my life I ever witnessed was when Lee said we need to do whatever we need to do to be together, and deal with those consequences as they come. It was such a courageous leap of faith, the most courage and trust I'd ever seen in a person. That moment still replays in my head.

Main Course: If you were a celebrity, what would you do for a publicity stunt?
I'd knit something unusual or valuable, then sell it at an auction to a worthy, well run and ethical charity.

Dessert: What do you consider the ideal age to have a first child?
Darn, wish I hadn't read Stephanie's answer first. But I have to agree that 29 is a good age. You have had time to sow some wild oats and gain a bit of perspective, plus have a bit of funds saved. And yet, you'd squeak in under that "over 30 is an old mother" stigma. And you'd still have some energy for chasing toddlers. I was 31 when my first was born, btw.

No comments: