There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Friday, August 24, 2007

Friday's Feast

Appetizer: Say there’s a book written about your life. Who would you want to narrate the audio version?

Mary Steenburgen.

Soup: Take the letters from your favorite kind of nut and write a sentence. (Example: Perhaps every avenue needs understanding today.)

All lovers may occasionally need/desire solitude.

Salad: If you could go back in time and spend one week in another decade, which decade would you choose?

A week. I'd say the the decade a hundred years ago. I'd like to see if I can make it without air conditioning. But I could still knit.

Main Course: Name a song that brings back memories for you.

"Nothing Compares 2 You" by Prince, sung by Sinead O'Connor. Reminds me of when I was happy with the kids' dad (they lyrics are not what reminds me, it's the music--lyrics remind me of The Bad Times).

Dessert: Do you prefer to wash your hands in cold water or warm water?

Cold. I don't really enjoy this task, since it dries out my hands, but I do it because you're supposed to.



Lyrics:

NOTHING COMPARES 2 U
(Prince)

It's been seven hours and fifteen days
Since u took your love away
I go out every night and sleep all day
Since u took your love away
Since u been gone I can do whatever I want
I can see whomever I choose
I can eat my dinner in a fancy restaurant
But nothing
I said nothing can take away these blues
`Cause nothing compares
Nothing compares 2 u

It's been so lonely without u here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling
Tell me baby where did I go wrong
I could put my arms around every boy I see
But they'd only remind me of you
I went to the doctor n'guess what he told me
Guess what he told me
He said girl u better try to have fun
No matter what u do
But he's a fool
`Cause nothing compares
Nothing compares 2 u

All the flowers that u planted, mama
In the back yard
All died when u went away
I know that living with u baby was sometimes hard
But I'm willing to give it another try
Nothing compares
Nothing compares 2 u
Nothing compares
Nothing compares 2 u
Nothing compares
Nothing compares 2 u

No comments: