There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Friday, September 14, 2007

Friday's Feast

Appetizer: When was the last time you visited a hospital?
A couple of months ago Lee and I visited his friend Rick, who has some pretty bad heart issues. It is very, very hard for me to go to them. The many visits when first my boyfriend's mother was dying of cancer, then my own mother died of it were very hard. The smell makes me sick. And I worry about germs. I worry more now, after Jeff's mother getting an infection in the hospital.

Soup: On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how ambitious are you?
Most of my life I was an 8 or 9. I wouldn't let ambition cause me to do anything unethical or immoral, but I always wanted to get good enough at something that people would be impressed enough to let me have some authority, or be an expert and share my knowledge. So, I guess I didn't ever want to rule the world, just to help others become rulers. But, I wanted to be a decision-maker, that's for sure. However. The experience I had in my volunteer job as well as my experience with being a church leader took so much out of me that I am taking time off from ambition. I am in the position of least authority at work. I do what I am told in my choruses. I teach whatever class the yarn shop owner wants me to. I'm not even working to get my blog to be one of those mega-blogs everyone in the world reads. BUT, I know I will get ambitious again.

Salad: Make a sentence using the letters of a body part. (Example: (mouth) My other ukelele tings healthily.)
Friends in need get extra reassurances.

Main Course: If you were to start a club, what would the subject matter be, and what would you name it?
I'd start a club of yarn collectors and call it the Excessorists. What a fine idea.

Dessert: What color is the carpet/flooring in your home?
Deep green carpet. Tan floor tiles downstairs, green tiles in upstairs bathroom. Mottled Berber in media room. People say to always get neutral colored carpet for resale value. I knew that by the time I moved, I'd need new carpet anyway, so I chose a color I LIKED.

No comments: