There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Trying for Gratitude

Of course, today reminds me of a lot of things to be grateful for. Heck, I am ALIVE, so I get to enjoy the beauty of flowers in the church garden. And Hella, the gardner is alive, though dealing with breast cancer.

I am always grateful on September 11 that my friend Nancy Jo was there for me and got me out of O'Hare airport, despite her own anxieties and crowd issues. And she stayed with me as we watched horrible things on television in my stark, silent hotel room. Her steadfast friendship is something to be grateful for my whole life.

Today it's flooding again. I am grateful that my children were not in the school bus I saw in a ditch on the way to work. It looks like the kids who were in it all got out and onto another bus. Whew.

I am extra, extra, extra grateful for how different things are for me personally today than they were in September 2001. In just a couple of months, I would hit rock bottom in my life and get stuck there for quite some time. I'm human again now. With love, a family, and relative prosperity.

Yet I am deeply concerned at how things in the world in general have ended up.

Today's Quote:

I see all the different religious traditions as paths for the development of
inner peace, which is the true foundation of world peace. These ancient
traditions come to us as a gift from our common past. Will we continue to
cherish it as a gift and hand it over the the future generations as a legacy of
our shared desire for peace?

-His Holiness the Dalai Lama


No comments: