There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I'm Sorry to Disappoint Everyone

But no, I didn't get the job, and I know most of you will be sad. But it could be worse. The personnel fellow stressed way too many times to NOT be serious that I was an extremely strong contender and that the folks in charge would like to find a place for me in their organization. I handled everything very well, and did not be weepy. I will be patient and see what else comes up. Ideally, I could find something in the next department over.

And of course, singing helps me feel better.

More on other topics tomorrow, if I have time. Lots of work to do and a busy evening with NON WORK FRIENDS.

translation: I said non-work friends here, and pretty much stopped posting about Lee because I realized someone was snooping on his email and reading my blog. I did not have sex at any point during this week, by the way.

extra translation for the especially paranoid: If, for some reason, my saying I did not have sex this week conveys the impression I did have sex the week before, or on some other mysterious Day of Sex, cross that off your list of paranoid delusions. Not that it is anyone's business other than RM and mine, I did not have sexual relations of any kind with anyone other than myself from March 2003 until whatever day I say I did in this stupid blog (which was really NOT written to be a series of hidden hints revealing my true nefarious character, like the Da Vinci Code; it was intended as a little fun blog to update my friends, not as fodder for anyone's unhealthy obsessions).

Nota bene: I am not obligated to explain my sex life to ANYONE. To find out why my boyfriend became my housemate, one would have to go date him. Feel free. He eats a lot and earns little. He is also always right, all the time. If you are also always right, all the time, this might be an issue. You might cause each other to explode. That would be messy, but nonetheless might solve lots of problems in my life.

April 2007: Boy, I was sure pissed off at Lee's STBX. She was reading crazy things between the lines of my blog, long after I moved it to here because of her behavior. I really regret that Lee accidentally left a screen available for her to see it, thus really violating my privacy and feeding a paranoid person with fodder for her paranoia.

Comments (oh yes, this post was supposed to be about not getting that job, a thing that also truly screwed up my life in the long run)

jody said...
May I be the first to call you a dork for appologizing to us for causing disappointment? I thought so. :)That sucks that you didn't get the job. In a big way. It's very good to hear that personnel was so supportive and encouraging.Can't wait to hear about the next opportunity for permanent employment that comes your way!
Wednesday, November 29, 2006 8:49:00 AM


Suna said...
yeah, I just feel like I let everyone down (present company excepted). That is because I am so hard on myself and so badly want to live up to expectations--just keep falling slightly short. This is the second time in a row that I JUST missed the mark. I'd say always a bridesmaid and never a bride, but no one ever asked me to be a bridesmaid. :-)
Wednesday, November 29, 2006 3:30:00 PM

Sam said...
You haven't disappointed me. I just want YOU to be happy!!!! I want you to be happy whatever that takes and I will continue to support you as you work to make that happen for yourself!!!HUGS
Thursday, November 30, 2006 7:48:00 AM


No comments: