There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Monday, November 13, 2006

Proud Mom Moment



This here is the Younger Boy aka Art Boy last night at the Reflections award presentation at the middle school. Too bad he isn't wearing his lovely (large) medal--hadn't gotten it yet. He got to go on to the District level with this computer generated art project he made using "Blender." It is a hypothetical scene of night in Ireland. I saw some of the other kids' projects--all had objects on them, placed in spots, while Art Boy's has elements that fit, have perspective, shadows and all that. there is even lightning in the night sky. I am very proud of him--and he is proud of himself. He so rarely gets a chance to "star" at school--I'm glad this worked out. He really is an incredibly bright and interesting kid--just not Mr. Academic. And that's fine, long as he finds a niche to shine in, other than being the Head Wookie in Star Wars Galaxies.

Other stuff is pretty good. I got some new clothing as an award for surviving a very painful dental cleaning, including a very bright blue velour jacket and a swirly denim skirt. I feel pretty cute in it today with the blue snakeskin cowboy boots. Still waiting on job news, but that is to be expected--they are not finished interviewing. And I am still enjoying my dear coworkers. Such a funny bunch.

When I am not feeling really good about myself (see tarot entry for today) I wonder how I could get such nice friends--still marveling at the ones I have made this year at the knitting shop and work. Who would want ME for a friend, knowing how I am not good with words so often, so moody, so emotionally needy. These nice folks (and my Internet friends who have managed to stick with me through so much!) like me anyway. Yay. I gotta remember all the friends are flawed, too, 'cause we are all human.

Long day ahead--gonna try to go to choir after knitting. That is a lot of stuff in one day. And I am really sore from walking into a wall. I do that a lot these days. I get so distracted trying to keep my boundaries that my feet fail, or something.

translation: I walked into walls a lot because I was trying so hard to not touch Lee or do anything I should not do. I guess you don't get many points for trying...but I did my best to keep things on a coworker/friend level. From what I can tell, this was not easy for either of us.

Comments

jody said...
Whatever. I'm *so* not flawed.I can't believe you would say such a thing...heh heh heh.
Wednesday, November 15, 2006 10:09:00 AM


Suna said...
BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA. That's a good one, pal.
Wednesday, November 15, 2006 10:39:00 AM


Sam said...
Oh he so deserves your proud feelings! That image is great! Look how cute he is!!!Take care
Thursday, November 16, 2006 12:49:00 PM

No comments: