There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Saturday, November 25, 2006

It's Saturday. It will be Monday soon.


Not much to say today. Woke up, drove boy to lacrosse tournament, went to Starbucks, had interesting discussion, went to yarn store, talked to my friends, taught a lady magic loop (why is it such a mystery? I don't know), did tarot with Jody, came home, watched football, knitted, typed. Wished time would move a bit faster, though I don't know what's supposed to happen after it does move.

I can tell you about the nice conversation, yeah, that's it. I was in Starbucks waiting for it to be 10 am, and a couple came in wearing University of Florida stuff, so I said, "go gators" to them. Then another couple came in wearing UF stuff, so we all said, "go gators" to them. We ended up with 5 UF grads sitting in the shop! We chatted a bit about school and such, then the man nearest me and I began to say that we'd go live in Gainesville again in a heartbeat. The guy then looked at me, lowered his voice and said, "I know this is going to sound sort of hokey, but I always felt like Gainesville was sort of...magical...like when you are there, you feel like you are at home." Well, of course, I didn't think that was hokey, since I had told Work Man the very same thing mere days ago.

This is a picture of what it looks like at home. Sorry I had to get one off a website--none of my actual photos are digital (most are blurry and taken on very old 60s and 70s cameras). This gives you the idea. It is very green, very leafy, very mossy. The trees are SO big. And it smells good there. Even DP said so, when I showed him the house I grew up in when we zoomed through on our way to visit his mother.

Thinking of home helps a lot. It reminds me of the feeling you get when a lost part of you is found--and my home is one lost part of me it may take a while to get back.

Here's the song fellow Gainesville native Tom Petty wrote about where we came from (places mentioned are real). I may have quoted this song before, but hey, it means a lot to me!

Goin' down to Lillian's music store
To buy a black diamond string
Gonna wind it up on my guitar
Gonna make that silver sing

Like it was Dreamville
A long time ago
A million miles away
All the trees were green
In Dreamville

I keep wakin' up all by myself
With a bluejay in my brain
Flappin' his wings, makin' me sing
It was just about to rain

Like it was Dreamville
Where I was born
Light years from here
And the air smelled good
In Dreamville

Like it was Dreamville
A long time ago
Light years from here
And the trees were green
In Dreamville

Ridin' with my mamma
To Glen Springs Pool
The water was cold
My lips were blue
There was rock and roll
Across the dial
When I think of her
It makes me smile

Like it was Dreamville
A long time ago
A million miles away
All the trees were green
In Dreamville, in Dreamville

Yeah it was Dreamville
A long time ago
Light years from here
And the air smelled good
In Dreamville, in Dreamville

translation: see, I was just sitting around, passing time.

No comments: