There's More to Life Than Knitting!

Join Suna as she stops knitting long enough to ponder her life, share her joys and concerns, and comment on the goings on in the world.
You are very welcome here, so feel free to comment and contribute!

Friday, November 10, 2006

Interview Report

Who knows how well an interview, or series thereof, went in the eyes of the interviewers, but in my own eyes I think I did remarkably well yesterday and today, doing my best to convince the people who don't already know me that I am a super-dee-duper candidate for the job I want. I got some really good feedback, which encouraged me. And no matter what, I enjoyed getting to meet the people up the chain from my immediate supervisor, as well as the fellow from outside our organization (they always have one of those). People here are really smart and have lots of cool experiences, so I learned a bunch. I also asked good questions, I hope. I wanted to come off as interested in the business and interested in the specific job. More than one person asked me where I saw myself in the future, and I think I answered that well--said I wanted to keep this job for a while, then perhaps move into management (since I have all that experience, doncha know). I actually think, if I get the job, I might be groomed to replace my boss, who has her own plans. In any case, it was interesting!

Most interesting was the discussion of salary and benefits, which made me soo happy, as did the information that there are a number of positions that might work out if this one does not. The thing is, of course, that I like it here for personal reasons. But, work's work, and I can keep my friends if I am elsewhere.

I am still concerned about the threatened incident at the Older Boy's school, but there is apparently nothing parents can really do other than make sure their kids report suspicious things. And, sigh, the younger one did really poorly on his report card, in his eyes. We're gonna work on that.

Comments

Vicki said...
Suna, I wore "the ring" today and thought of you and your interview. I hope that the right thing for you is what ends up happening.
Friday, November 10, 2006 7:19:00 PM

Barbara said...
I've been thinking about you all week, with the interview and then the stuff at school, oh man! you have had your plate full. I can't wait to hear that you got the job.
Friday, November 10, 2006 10:13:00 PM

Anonymous said...
I have been thinking about you all week, not sure when the interviews would happen - you neglected to tell us which day, so we could send you energy!!!I know you did great, and will be waiting to hear about your awesome new job!
Saturday, November 11, 2006 10:26:00 AM

Nancy Jo said...
Woo hoo! If you think it went good, it must have been completely fabulous. Of course, we all knew it would go well.Nancy Jo, who needs to catch up on reading here, but will need to do it another time
Saturday, November 11, 2006 11:24:00 AM

Sam said...
I am sure you knocked their socks off! I think we often underestimate how well we do in things like interviews so if you felt it went well, then there is no doubt that it did!! I've been vibing for you all week and was thinking of you Friday especially!!!Take care
Tuesday, November 14, 2006 10:06:00 PM

No comments: